December 24, 2007

T-shirt quilt finally finished



I FINALLY finished the sorority T-shirt quilt for a customer. I hope the person receiving it as a Christmas gift is not disappointed. It turned out beautiful but I have to admit it was a struggle.
Most t-shirts quilts just have between 20-25 panels in the top with plain fabric borders and this one was not average! This one was over the top. It has 20 panels in the main body and then 20 more shirts made into borders around the quilt plus an appliqued panda from a pillowcase. Another extra was the person's name and graduation year appliqued in the border.

Thank goodness its finished and my arms can recover from wrestling the entire thing.

It turned out to be 84" x 100" -- definitely a queen size.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

This is beautiful. I wish I had gone over to see it IRL.