Once I got the big failure out of the way, I was able to move on and get some more things done this weekend. First, I made a slipcase for the netbook that I am using from work. Mom found a gorgeous piece of quilted fabric with Japanese women in kimonos of rich magenta and greens. The piece was strangely cut, being a remnant from a local sewing business. But I was anxious to get a fitting slipcase. I found a good pattern, Simple Laptop Sleeve, at Sew, Mama, Sew.
I think there must be a problem though. The flap turned out to be the length of the laptop instead of the width. But that is actually the way I wanted it! It worked out perfect.
I also wanted to use some of my kimono foundation piecing squares. Foundation piecing is the thing I most love to hate. Definitely a technique that needs some work, but is interesting.
I know the pics are dark but I can't do everything right!