October 27, 2009

Eve and Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Yes, it's been a while since the last post, but the hands have not been still. There has been lots of knitting, lots of quilting and lots of exploration of the new machine. I was gifted with a fabulous Pfaff Quilt Expression! Very, very nice, but a little intimidating. It is hard to wrap my mind around 222 stitches. I also joined a workout group and, wonder of wonders, they had a competition the very first week that just fits!

In honor of October being Breast Cancer Awareness month, the local Curves gym is sponsoring a Decorate-Your-Bra contest. I have admired the Artfull Bras Project at the AQS quilt show exhibition every year and have yearned to express myself in this medium. Thus, we have Eve's Bra!

This was tremendous fun! I had a theme and a visualization and I just needed to get to my glue gun and make it happen. Here it is displayed. It has produced many a chuckle! And my daughter was even heard to comment "Eve sure was a big gal!"

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Of course Eve was a big girl. She was the mother of the world!

I like it!