June 4, 2010

Wristlet Tutorial


I follow way too many blogs but I find lots of fabulous little nuggets. My favorite things to find are tutorials and/or patterns that amateur designers post on the web. Some are good, some not so good. Here is one that I really enjoyed .

Skip to My Lou blog
posted a tutorial for a pleated pouch. I thought it was the perfect thing that I had been trying to find. It is just big enough for my iPhone, card case and keys. I made one. Then I made another. I gave them away and someone promptly asked for her own. So I made two more - one for her and one for me now that I had decided what I wanted mine to be. The one pictured is mine, made out of a pair of my jeans that were ripped beyond repair. The pin was found in a box of my daughter's knickknacks.

The tutorial was very easy. The pictures were clear and accurate and the pattern pieces were easy to print and put together. If I made any comment on the entire experience, it would be to say that when printed the pictures did not align with the instructions.

Quilter's cotton will do for some but I definitely prefer a light denim or upholstery fabric for sturdiness and durability.

No comments: